Accounts Payable Clerk
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven and experienced Accounts Payable Clerk.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pay invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtain revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collect revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and/or Experience
1-3 years of public accounting and/or industry experience is preferred.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
Skills: Administrative Writing, Organization, Data Entry, General Math, Financial Software, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting, Research Results, Verbal Communication
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to utilize manual dexterity as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and supplemental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay and company paid continuing education and training.
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Genesis and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever® in the greater Houston area. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.
Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.