Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused Service Porter. The Service Porter will park and retrieve service clients' cars in a friendly and professional manner.
- Greets clients, in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Escorts/Directs clients to appropriate service member.
- Parks cars in designated areas.
- Retrieves cars for clients.
- Finds and installs license plates.
- Replaces vehicle bulbs.
- Notifies Assistant Service Manager or Estimator if client is waiting.
- Keeps service drive free of vehicles.
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation.
- Help clients transfer luggage or packages between cars.
- Assists techs in moving inoperable vehicles.
- Alerts Manager to any damage to clients’ vehicles.
- Assists with housekeeping on the service drive keeping it clean and clear of debris.
- Attends department meetings.
No prior experience necessary.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (Including Driver's License)
Operator's Driver's License (must be insurable).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and supplemental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Genesis and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever® in the greater Houston area. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.