F & I Consultant
Texas City, Texas
The F&I Consultant prepares car deals for the Accounting Department, reviewing all documents for completeness and accuracy.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Motivated self-starter and detail oriented
- General bookkeeping experience and dealership finance experience, preferred.
- Professional appearance.
- Must speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Must have strong filing and organizational skills.
Tools & Equipment:
- Familiar and experience with 10-key.
- Must be able to operate office equipment: copier, fax, and other office equipment, as required.
- Able to type at least 30 wpm.
- The HR Administrative Assistant position is mostly sedentary.
- She/he will work at a desk in an office setting.
- Light work- Exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with customers and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Must maintain and display a positive attitude.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with DeMontrond®.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform.
- Comply at all times with DeMontrond® standards and regulations to encourage safe work habits.
- Responsible to keep work area clean and organized.
- Prepare daily Pending Deal list.
- Prepare deals to submit for finance approval.
- Verify customer insurance coverage and payoffs.
- Prepare tax and title documents for accounting.
- Prepare Finance Contract for submission/collection.
- Prepare deal in computer (via ADP) for Accounting Finalization (bookout).
- Log deals.
- Process credit insurance cancellations and extended service.
- Assist in receiving phone calls for Finance Director and department, as needed.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City. We currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever®. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.