The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Toyota and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever® in the greater Houston area. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.
Service Admin. / Cashier:
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven and experienced Service Cashier. The Service Cashier processes monetary and credit card transactions as well as completes and closes repair orders for the dealership’s clients. Dealership cashier experience is required.
- Dealership cashier experience required.
- Booking Repair orders knowledge a plus.
- Fill in where needed. Will need to operate the switchboard weekly.
- File, prints repair orders, parts invoices, bills, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount due
- Records amounts received and prepare cash reports of transactions
- Balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift
- Processes repair orders Operates credit card and "Telecheck" machines
- Maintains records of daily transaction documentation
- Calculates discounts, coupons and charges and apply to proper accounts on repair order
- Prepares daily bank deposits
- Processes and receives Finance and Insurance (F&I) and necessary sales monies
- Knows and understands extended service policies, and processes extended warranty payments for repair orders
- Assists in scheduling courtesy transportation
- Processes mail
- Assists receptionist with phone calls
- Attends department meetings
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and supplemental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.