Posted On: October 30, 2019
Dealership Housekeeper/Janitor - Cleveland, TX
This position is responsible for maintaining a safe, clean working environment for all dealership employees and customers. Incumbent performs housekeeping duties in offices, warehouses, industrial areas and other building interiors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Include the following.
• Mops, sweeps, vacuums, scrubs, waxes and polishes surfaces and floors and cleans offices, lunch rooms, refrigerators, sinks, halls, restrooms and building entrances along with other areas of the dealership that may need to be cleaned.
• Responsible for light dusting throughout the facility.
• Cleans customer and employee restrooms and shower rooms, restocks all bathroom supplies as needed.
• Empties trash receptacles throughout the dealership
• Assists with furniture moving for employee functions (may move tables, chairs or other furniture or equipment as needed.)
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test and physical.
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience in a housekeeping or janitorial position with 1+ years of experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Physical demands include but are not limited to excessive walking, standing, bending and lifting up to approximately 50 lbs.
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Toyota and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever® in the greater Houston area. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.