Office Manager - (Automotive Dealership Experience Required)
Office Manager provides sales and expense analyses for all departments. Represents the financial condition of the dealership, develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, and maintains accurate records. This position interacts daily with Accounting Associates, Management team members, Sales and Service associates, support staff and customers, just to name a few.
The Office Manager reports to the Controller, Corporate CFO, and Assistant CFO. The Office Manager supports the entire accounting function and financial reporting for our dealership. This position will work closely with Management and other departments to help ensure harmonious and productive operations, which will help maximize the success of the dealerships. Successful candidates must be able to maintain excellent business relations with customers, both internally and externally. Candidates will also be expected to help develop and motivate accounting associates to ensure that performance metrics are being met or exceeded.
- Upload positive pay from each store into Amegy’s banking system
- Complete research, review and resolution to daily Positive Pay Exceptions
- Post funding notices and pull funded deals for title clerks
- Complete review of all daily disbursements prior to signing
- Posting of corporate credit card receipts
- Supervise all daily processes of the Accounting office
- Supervise Accounting staff
- Assistance in staff coverage of the Accounting Office (when needed)
- Weekly approval of Accounting timecards
- Send contracts-in-transit listing out to Finance areas
- Reconcile corporate credit card statement
- Send Used Vehicle Inventory Schedule to Used Car Mgr/Director
- Complete County Vehicle Inventory Tax Report and Payment
- Complete statistical data memo forms for manufacture financial statements
- Assist with month-end duties at the direction of the Controller
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as assigned by the Controller
Other essential responsibilities:
- Prepare complete financial statements and submit to the manufacture and management in accordance with established timeframes.
- Interpret and analyze financial statements.
- Keep the General Manager informed on the trends and cash needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain an effective cash management system.
- Manage the day to day accounting operations of the store to ensure that all transactions are recorded in compliance with dealership accounting processes and policies.
- Close the books accurately each month.
- Prepare and submit required statements and reports.
- Manage and safeguard the stores assets and ensure that internal controls are in place.
- Assist department managers in reading and interpreting their financial reports and in creating action plans needed to improve their operation.
- Respond to request for information and assistance in a timely manner.
- Work with General Manager to improve revenue or reduce expense in order to meet or exceed budget and grow the business.
- Work with staff to ensure that corporate initiatives are attained.
- Bachelor's Degree - Preferred*
- Minimum 5 years automotive dealership accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge of CDK/ADP and/or Reynold and Reynolds software
- Extensive knowledge of manufacture, bank, and floorplan reconciliations
- Extensive knowledge of accounting schedules/controlled accounts/general ledger
- Extensive knowledge, and proficiency, in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of dealership financial statements
- Working knowledge of dealership accounting month-end close
- Working knowledge of state sales and tax returns
- Working knowledge of most accounting office positions
- Working knowledge of positive pay
- Supervisory experience
- Strong work ethic/attendance accountability
- Strong process improvement involvement(problem/resolution)
- Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner
- Excellent communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and supplemental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Genesis and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever® in the greater Houston area. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.