New Car Lot Sales Porter
The New Car Porter moves and cleans vehicles, keeps the new vehicles in sound working condition, and is responsible for maintaining the car lots and condition of the vehicles. He/she will also assist the sales managers or assistants, as requested.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an operator’s driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to walk and stand at long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crawl when needed.
- Exposed to and be able to handle the climate elements (rain, snow, sleet, hail, heat, cold).
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately. Use good judgement when making decisions.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with customers and employees in a friendly, service- oriented manner.
- Must maintain and display a positive attitude.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with DeMontrond standards.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform as required.
- Comply at all times with DeMontrond standards and regulations to encourage safe work habits.
- Clean Showroom vehicles every morning.
- Check interior of vehicles for cleanliness.
- Check all vehicles for DeMontrond plates (front and back).
- Ensure all new vehicles have factory window sticker displayed.
- Ensure all grounded demos have AS - IS stickers displayed along with window sticker.
- Responsible to assist in keeping the building and surrounding area clean, neat and free of debris.
- Responsible to keep vehicles on the lot properly aligned.
- Responsible to keep front lot full.
- Responsible to maintain 1/4 tank of gas in all used vehicles displayed on lot.
- Responsible to wash and dry vehicles as needed to maintain the proper standard of cleanliness.
- Responsible to relay to manager any vendor in or out of the dealership not meeting the standards.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and supplemental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay and company paid continuing education and training.
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City. We currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever®. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.
Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.