Warehouse Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven and experienced Warehouse Shipping/Receiving Clerk and Driver. This employee receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse, as well as, delivers parts ordered by the customer.
- Assist shipping and receiving , unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Opening bales, crates, and other containers.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
- Weighing and counting items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Completing requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Preparing parcels for mailing.
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Delivers ordered parts to customers.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and supplemental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay and company paid continuing education and training.
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Genesis and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever® in the greater Houston area. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.
Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.