RV Service Technician
The RV Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. The RV Service Technician will also be responsible for maintaining a wholesome relationship with customers who return with unsatisfactory work in accordance with dealership policies and standards. Must maintain levels of quality and productivity.
- Approach all encounters with customers and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Must maintain and display a positive attitude.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with DeMontrond standards.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with DeMontrond standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient shop operations.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Perform technical repairs as noted on the Repair Order.
- Perform work assigned with speed and quality in accordance with factory and dealership standards.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Ensure that customer vehicles are kept clean and neat.
- Responsible to keep work area clean at all times.
- Responsible to see that the cause of failure and repair description is noted in detail on the repair order for each repair performed and proper clock punched time on R.O. or computer.
- Keep RV Service Advisor informed of work needed that was not written on the repair order.
- Responsible to get approval from Service Advisors for all C.P. time flagged before repair.
- Responsible to see that proper time is flagged for repair described.
- Responsible to see that proper operation number is obtained from dispatch for warranty repairs.
- Responsible to report any equipment problem to the RV Shop Manager.
- Responsible to pull and return vehicle to assigned parking and return keys to board.
- Responsible to return all special tools to the tool room when finished.
- Responsible to perform repairs in the order assigned by the dispatcher. Any added work repairs must be authorized by management prior to repair being performed.
- Return all parts replaced under warranty to the Parts Dept. Any warranty parts not turned in could result in a “backflag” on the repair. Parts Repair Order must be signed off by Parts Dept. Personnel.
- Must keep RV Service Advisor and/or RV Service Manager informed on status of vehicle, holding for parts or authorization, etc.
- Must notify RV Service Advisor of any problems encountered with repairs, which would keep vehicle from meeting the promised time.
- Prior approval MUST BE obtained BEFORE work is completed for any additional time to be flagged on a re-check repair order.
- Responsible to problem solve and research T.S.B.’s, Sr. Manual, M.D.S., T-5 and use S.B.D. process.
- Responsible to take direction and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Responsible to meet productivity levels set by the department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. This employee may encounter frequent exposure to the weather elements.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and supplemental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay and company paid continuing education and training.
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and RV dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Genesis and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever®in the greater Houston area. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.
Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.