Quick Lube Technician
Why wait to make a career out of doing what you love? Some of our best master technicians started as Quick Lube Technicians. So if working on cars gets your gears moving, contact us today. As a Quick Lube Technician, you’ll start by being responsible for inspecting and lubricating vehicles quickly and thoroughly. And with a little hard work and dedication, who knows where you’ll be able to go? At our dealership, the door is always open. And so are your options.
- Perform multipoint inspections.
- Communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors.
- Service universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using hand- or compressed-air powered grease guns.
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentiasl, rear axle housings and shackles.
- Check tire pressure.
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants.
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil.
- Add water to radiator and battery.
- Replace oil and air filters.
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct.
- Follow dealership safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals.
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
- Must meet dealership’s requirements for employment.
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Occasional exposure to inclement weather.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending.
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Requires a significant amount of walking and/or standing. May also require working in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs. This position may also require working at a production pace while pushing and/or pulling materials from place to place.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and supplemental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Genesis and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever® in the greater Houston area. DeMontrond® has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.