Body Shop Estimator
The DeMontrond® family business was established in Houston in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC, Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai, Toyota and a wide range of trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes – and we are the exclusive home of Warranty Forever® in the greater Houston area. DeMontrond has a long-standing tradition of excellence and guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire for a long-term career rather than just a job.
Bidy Shop Estimator
Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a results-focused, highly driven and experienced Estimator. The Body Shop Estimator, under the leadership of the Body Shop Manager will support the process to satisfy customer demands by facilitating the process to provide repaired vehicles to customers that will exceed their expectations.
- Prepare accurate, complete and honest damage estimates for customers
- Inspect damaged vehicles thoroughly using standard written procedures
- Estimate the cost of repairs and the anticipated time needed to complete repairs
- Monitor repairs as they are made, track costs labor and materials
- Ensure that the work meets quality standards
- Provide exceptional customer service and follow-up
- Coordinate and communicate actions within the dealership and the Collision Center
- Demonstrates ability to work professionally and courteously with customers
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Customer Service experience a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient with multi-line phone system and computer skills
- People focused and committed to providing great customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and strong work ethic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision dental and supplemental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay and company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.